We are pleased to accept gently used books and other materials which we will either add to our collection or make available to the public at our ongoing "Books for sale."
How to donate:
Bags or box full may be dropped off at the library when we are open. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 10 am to 6 pm
Criteria for donated materials:
- Recently published fiction or non-fiction
- Paperbacks and hardcover
- Regular print and large print
- Classics (in excellent condition, please
- CD's, DVD's, books on CD ( in excellent condition - no scratches or broken cases)
We cannot accept:
- Material in poor condition (worn, torn, dusty or written in)
- Moldy damp books
- Books with yellowed or brittle pages
- Items containing outdated material
- Encyclopedia sets and almanacs
- Textbooks and manuscripts
- Readers digest condensed books
- Magazines and newspapers
- Audio-visual material in cassette or VHS format
- Computer software.
We gratefully accept financial donations, which help the Library grow its services and resources. There are several ways to provide financial support.
In person: Visit the Library, we will accept your donation. We will give you a tax-deductible receipt for any donation for $10.00 or more.
By Mail: You can mail your cheque to Hines Creek Municipal Library to PO Box 750, Hines Creek, AB T0H 2A0. Please include a note if you have any specific instructions.